How can I help my husband from getting deported. I am willing to help him in any way I possibly can.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

He has been here since he was 8, he is now 23 years old. They are trying to deport him back to mexico but his mom is here. We are married.

1. Jason Todd Lorenzon

Answered . You need to speak with an immigration attorney to go over the specific facts of your case. If he has an illegal entry, it may be difficult for him to adjust status here through you. However, what is the status of his mother? Is afraid of going back to Mexcio? If so, why? These are some of the basic questions that an immigration attorney will assist you with. There are several here on AVVO or AILA that offer free initial consultations, including myself. Pick up the phone, call or email and schedule a consultation so that an attorney can go over your case and hopefully provide options and hope. Good luck.

2. Tania T. Pham

Answered . You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney ASAP. Your husband can ask to see an immigration judge. You should also file an I-130 petition for him. He might be able to adjust status depending on whether he entered the U.S with inspection or without inspection.
    An experienced Immigration attorney will be able to analyze your husband's situation and might be able to stop the removal process.

3. Suzan deSeguin-Hons

Answered . There is not sufficient information to answer this question. You have not explained whether you are a US citizen or not, or whether your mother-in-law has legal status in the US. Further, you do not say whether the government is trying to deport your husband based on any criminal convictions or otherwise or whether your husband's initial entry to the United States was legal or not. Your husband needs to discuss his situation with an immigration attorney who is experienced in immigration court proceedings. Depending on all the facts, your husband might have certain avenues of relief available to him.

4. C. C. Abbott

Answered . My colleages are correct in theri comments. The best possible way to help is to assist him in retaining an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.