Skip to main content

How can I help my husband from getting deported. I am willing to help him in any way I possibly can.

Indianapolis, IN |

He has been here since he was 8, he is now 23 years old. They are trying to deport him back to mexico but his mom is here. We are married.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You need to speak with an immigration attorney to go over the specific facts of your case. If he has an illegal entry, it may be difficult for him to adjust status here through you. However, what is the status of his mother? Is afraid of going back to Mexcio? If so, why? These are some of the basic questions that an immigration attorney will assist you with. There are several here on AVVO or AILA that offer free initial consultations, including myself. Pick up the phone, call or email and schedule a consultation so that an attorney can go over your case and hopefully provide options and hope. Good luck.

    Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at All initial constulations are free.

  2. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney ASAP. Your husband can ask to see an immigration judge. You should also file an I-130 petition for him. He might be able to adjust status depending on whether he entered the U.S with inspection or without inspection.
    An experienced Immigration attorney will be able to analyze your husband's situation and might be able to stop the removal process.

    Tania Pham, Esq. Immigration and Nationality Law; 17555 Ventura Blvd, Suite 200 Encino, Ca 91301; Phone: 818-334-4313;;

  3. There is not sufficient information to answer this question. You have not explained whether you are a US citizen or not, or whether your mother-in-law has legal status in the US. Further, you do not say whether the government is trying to deport your husband based on any criminal convictions or otherwise or whether your husband's initial entry to the United States was legal or not. Your husband needs to discuss his situation with an immigration attorney who is experienced in immigration court proceedings. Depending on all the facts, your husband might have certain avenues of relief available to him.

  4. My colleages are correct in theri comments. The best possible way to help is to assist him in retaining an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics