Skip to main content

How can I help attest charges from medical helicopter ride?

Lordsburg, NM |

My friends are an elderly couple in NM with medical issues, she began having chest pains and called 911 out of Lordsburg, her husband, has medical issues and memory issues, and will just follow along... anyway, is not responsible for making choices ( had they had a choice) the EMS took her to the heliport then had her airlifted to the hospital which they could have had her there sooner if they would have just took her them selves. This has happened twice now and I have just become aware of what happened. They have been stuck with a huge bill that they cant pay and getting nasty collection calls. She is on constant morphine and I believe they have been taken advantage of. How can I help them attest the charges that was put on them? He is 83 and I believe she is in her 70's and they are alone and had no understanding of what this ride was going to cost them and I believe that they were taken advantage of. Thanks for the help...

All they have is each other and their home, they dont have supplementals, and they dont have nearly $90,000 dollars that they are being charged with. Thanks...

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Have a local NM lawyer negotiate it down, and get the on a payment plan they can live with.

  2. Why would anyone want to attest to the charges? Do you mean contest the charges?

    The medical transport bill should be submitted to Medicare and any supplementary coverage which they may have. Your friends also should consult with an Elder care attorney to best protect their assets.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics