How can I have my driver's license status changed while on felony probation?

Orlando, FL |

As part of my Florida felony probation, I am only permitted to have a hardship license. I have had it for about 6 months and have had no incidents in that time. A work opportunity has come up that requires me to have my license cleared. How can I have my license cleared so I will no longer need a hardship, or work/school only?

1. Congratulations on getting a good job offer. We would need to know why you were placed on probation, what the suspension was for in order to help answer your question. Please go to my contact page here and provide me the info and we can call you to discuss it.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

2. A local judge puts it well when he sentences people. He says, he has a lot of power to take someone's license, but no power in getting one back. While that may be a bit of an exaggeration, it is probably true in your case. In other words, it's only up to the DMV to decide if you can get your full license. However, the DMV never deviates from their rules. Would need more information to find out if you are even eligible.

3. We will need to know what authority the court had to order a "hardship license" at all. Those types of licenses are authorized to be issued by DHSMV under certain circumstances and i am not certain that the trial judge has legal authority to impose that.

The court may have issued a license suspension as part of your probation sentence, with the result being you can get a hardship license form DHSMV.

We need more facts.

Contact a local attorney for a consultation.

Every case and situation is different and vary greatly depending on specific facts. My posts are not to be considered complete answers to each question. My posts do not constitute an attorney/client relationship.

DUI topics