How can I have my driver's license status changed while on felony probation?

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

As part of my Florida felony probation, I am only permitted to have a hardship license. I have had it for about 6 months and have had no incidents in that time. A work opportunity has come up that requires me to have my license cleared. How can I have my license cleared so I will no longer need a hardship, or work/school only?

1. William David Umansky

Pro

1

Answered . Congratulations on getting a good job offer. We would need to know why you were placed on probation, what the suspension was for in order to help answer your question. Please go to my contact page here and provide me the info and we can call you to discuss it.

2. Craig A. Epifanio

Answered . A local judge puts it well when he sentences people. He says, he has a lot of power to take someone's license, but no power in getting one back. While that may be a bit of an exaggeration, it is probably true in your case. In other words, it's only up to the DMV to decide if you can get your full license. However, the DMV never deviates from their rules. Would need more information to find out if you are even eligible.

3. Jonathan Burton Blecher

Pro

Answered . We will need to know what authority the court had to order a "hardship license" at all. Those types of licenses are authorized to be issued by DHSMV under certain circumstances and i am not certain that the trial judge has legal authority to impose that.

The court may have issued a license suspension as part of your probation sentence, with the result being you can get a hardship license form DHSMV.

We need more facts.

Contact a local attorney for a consultation.