How can I have my case moved to another judge

Asked about 1 year ago - Baton Rouge, LA

Restraining order judge seems to show favor to the defender

Additional information

The order 150 for child support and he made 75000 last yr. Also the court date r scheduled aroud his work schedule. I get no consideration

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Veleka Eskinde

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I agree with attorney Senio. You need to establish bias by more than a mere hunch. If you do not prevail on your hunch, then that judge will certainly continue to preside over your the case. Unless you have more than your suspicions, then you should not pursue a recusal. Also, if you don't have an attorney helping you, then you need to get one.

    <> Information provided in this response is intended to be informational or educational only. It in... more
  2. Reid A Seino

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Do you have any proof as to bias? You need evidence to present in front of the current judge on why he/she should recuse himself (i.e. conflict of interest) and not just because they "seem to favor the defendant". That is not enough to meet a legal standard at all.

    This answer is provided as a general opinion to a question posted on an internet forum. This does not create in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,524 answers this week

3,155 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,524 answers this week

3,155 attorneys answering