How can I have my case moved to another judge

Baton Rouge, LA |

Restraining order judge seems to show favor to the defender

The order 150 for child support and he made 75000 last yr. Also the court date r scheduled aroud his work schedule. I get no consideration

Do you have any proof as to bias? You need evidence to present in front of the current judge on why he/she should recuse himself (i.e. conflict of interest) and not just because they "seem to favor the defendant". That is not enough to meet a legal standard at all.

This answer is provided as a general opinion to a question posted on an internet forum. This does not create in either party the expectation that an attorney-client relationship has been entered into between the original poster and the Law Office of Reid Seino, LLC. Any information provided should not be solely taken as legal advice but in the context of general information. Please seek legal representation for any specific legal questions.

I agree with attorney Senio. You need to establish bias by more than a mere hunch. If you do not prevail on your hunch, then that judge will certainly continue to preside over your the case. Unless you have more than your suspicions, then you should not pursue a recusal. Also, if you don't have an attorney helping you, then you need to get one.

<<DISCLAIMER>> Information provided in this response is intended to be informational or educational only. It in no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. Because every case is factually (and in some instances jurisdictionally) dependent, it is not possible to accurately answer each question posed. If you have sincere legal concerns, it is highly recommended that you seek legal counsel IN YOUR AREA. A response is not intended to create, nor does it create, a continuing duty to respond. Also, Ms. Eskinde is licensed in Louisiana, so if you require immediate assistance, then you need to contact someone who is in your state, if outside of Louisiana.