How can i have a disorderly conduct charge expunged?

Asked over 4 years ago - Medford, NY

i was charged for petit larceny. but my lawyer had the judge lower the charge to disorderly conduct. but i want to have it expunged so i can get into the navy. what should i do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Benjamin J Lieberman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . New York doesn’t expunge records. Disorderly conduct is not a crime and you don’t have a criminal conviction on your record. This shouldn’t be an impediment to your getting into the navy but I would suggest that you check with your recruitment officer.

  2. Carlos Gonzalez


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . generally recruitment officers are good at handling such situations... there is NO expungment in NY.

    good luck!

  3. Oscar Michelen

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . At worse, the Navy will wait until your conditional discharge has expired. IF the CD is still pending the Navy will usually not accept you and you sometimes have to go back to court to get it changed to an unconditional discharge (a UD). Conditional discharges expire within one year of the date of your sentence. Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,572 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,572 answers this week

3,231 attorneys answering