How can i go 2 get a fast divorce

Asked over 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I have no awernes wher my ex husband is at. After years with out knoing nothing about him i just want a divorce to move on and get remaried.what can i do four this matter or fill out?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Brian Knox Tackett

    Contributor Level 4


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . This is not an uncommon problem. I have been involved in many family law matters in which a party could not be found. Hire an experienced lawyer in your area. The lawyer can do a diligent search for your husband. If your husband still cannot be found, your lawyer should be able to get an order from the court allowing service by publication (a legal notice in the newspaper). Handling service in this manner will allow you to get a divorce even though your husband cannot be found. But there will be an added expense. The judge will appoint an attorney to review the diligent search and conduct his own search. More than likely, you'll have to pay for the appointed attorney's time.

  2. John Hung Vong

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Please feel free to contact me so we can set up a consultation about your

    Best of luck,

    John Vong
    Attorney at Law
    (832) 641-0461
    10827 Bellaire Blvd., Ste 200
    Houston, TX 77072

    DISCLAIMER This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is... more
  3. Eric B. Dick


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I'd suggest hiring a private investigator to find out where he is residing so you know where to serve him. If he doesn't respond then default him.

    I practice family law in Harris County and nearby counties.


    Mr. Dick is licensed to practice law in Texas and office located in Harris County. His phone number is 832-207-2007 or 713-510-4500 or his email address is listed below.

    Mr. Dick is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Often times the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Dick strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in his or her state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question.

    Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

    I offer free consultations and am quite familiar with family judges in Harris County and nearby counties. LEGAL... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,388 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,388 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering