Skip to main content

How can I get what my Ex husband owes me for child support.

Surprise, AZ |
Filed under: Child support arrears

He is approx $5800 behind. He has remarried and puts everything in her name. So I can't get to anything. He is working but the Enforcement Agency in AZ hasn't been able to find the info. I think he is getting paid cash or under the table . Why can't we go after the assets he and new wife have? If I'm lucky I get $40.00 a month. That doesn't even cover her school lunches. I'm unemloyed. And My fiance' pays for her car insurance, cloths, food, we just had to pay for school parking pass because Ex said he would and did not. Senior pictures are coming up etc.. HOW can I get the money he owes me?

Attorney Answers 2


Do you have a judgment for the amount of the arrears? If so, you can execute on it. Find a local collection agency...

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Mark as helpful




Should I find a collection agency before or after I get the judgement?



And the child support enforcement has record of what he owes me is that enough? Is that considered a judgment? They have been keeping track of it for me since I turned him into the agency. The court order was from the original divorce decree.


I wouldn't go with a collection agency. They stink at collecting child support because they are accustomed to dealing with civil judgments like credit card judgments. If he owes you $5800 and still has to pay child support, he should be paying on the arrearage, too. If the kids are adults now, he should still continue paying until the arrearage is paid in full. Contact a local attorney or our office to talk about your options in greater detail. If DES is involved, they can do a lot of things that a regular attorney can't do but they are really overworked.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "HELPFUL" or "THE BEST ANSWER," PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics