How can I get USCIS to mail me the paperwork about my case at my house instead of keep sending it to my attorney's office?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

How can I get USCIS to mail me the paperwork about my case at my house instead of keep sending it to my attorney's office? I've already paid the full amount of the service provided by that firm, but I might need extra work on my case and I can't afford that law firm anymore, and I'm unhappy with the service they've provided me. What are the steps to follow in order to get any further notifications from USCIS mailed to my house? Thank you in advance!

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

1

Answered . Write directly to USCIS informing them that the law firm is no longer representing you and to send all future correspondence to you.

2. Christian Schmidt

4

1

Answered . The Immigration Service should mail you all correspondence too despite having an attorney unless the attorney represent an employer through whom you apply.

3. Inara Khashmati

Pro

4

1

Answered . Generally speaking USCIS will send everything your attorney receives to you as well. If that firm no longer represents you, tell them to notify USCIS of that or you can write a letter to USCIS stating that the attorneys no longer represent you and to send all correspondence directly to you. As far as USCIS is concerned since the attorneys most likely filed G-28 Notice of Representation they will send it to them unless notified otherwise. Good Luck!

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.