How Can I get the visits for my 3 months son and his dad to be establish by the court?

Asked over 3 years ago - Brandon, FL

The baby's father and I are separated, We were never married. He doesnt wants to take care of the baby just to aggrivate me. I want him to be involved in the baby's life. I want the court to establish the rights & responsibilities of both parents and the time periods that the child will be with each parent.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Melissa Dawn Sosa

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Have you consulted with an attorney yet? The proceeding you are referring to is a Petition to Establish Paternity, Time Sharing and Support. Our office is located in Brandon, Florida and we offer free consultations.

    This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Sosa Law... more
  2. Lisa Marie Vari


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Ms. Sosa is correct about filing a Petition for Paternity. I would only add that you should consider whether it is best for your child to be forced upon his father. Doing so may subject your child to harm.

    The suggestions made are intended to inform and not advise and are based upon general statements of FL laws and... more
  3. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . File a Petition to establish peternity.

Related Topics

Visitation rights in child custody agreements

Child visitation refers to non-custodial parents' rights to visit their children. These rights are commonly detailed in a visitation plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,049 answers this week

3,425 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,049 answers this week

3,425 attorneys answering