Skip to main content

How can I get supervised visitation changed to unsupervised visitation?

Dallas, TX |

in 2006 my wife and I divorced, and in the divorce agreement we had agreed to me having supervised visits with my children. We remarried in 2009, only to divorce again last year. I agreed to the same terms as last time, but have successfully completed a program for issues from my past (not drug or alcohol related). I have no criminal record and am currently teaching. What will I need to do to have my visitation status change, and considering I have no legal or addiction issues, do I have any chance of seeing it changed?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You need to file a modification of your prior order, have her served and likely have a hearing on it. Supervised visits generally have something severe to warrant them and usually have ways included into a decree that you'd get off supervised visitation.

    I'd strongly recommend consulting a local attorney, as these kinds of hearings can get hairy.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics