How can i get POA for my mother's estate - she was found unconscious in her home and remains so in a hospital.

Asked about 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

i am the only surviving immediate family member as well as sole beneficiary to her estate. she resides in Phoenix, AZ and i reside in Los Angeles, CA.

1. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

5

Answered . From your description she is still alive and a resident of AZ? You need to contact an attorney in Arizona to begin guardianship proceedings so you can handle her affairs. (Unless she has a power of attorney naming an agent in the event of her incapacity, which I assume she doesn't have or you would not be asking).

2. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

3

Answered . You need a little patience in this situation. Hopefully, your mother will regain consciousness and then, assuming she is competent, you can get her to complete durable or general powers if necessary. Until then your only option is to institute guardian or conservatorship proceeding in AZ. That being said -- you do not need permission to make rental, mortgage, or insurance payments on her behalf and you should do so if you are financially able until appointment.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . Your mother can sign a power of attorney atv the hospital if she is competent.
    If not-you will need to start a guardianship proceeding.