How can i get paid commissions owed without seeking help from a lawyer?

Asked 10 months ago - Windermere, FL

Since there is no law for employees who are paid on commission from Department of Labor, I was wondering, how can I get paid from my former employer who owes 10K with using a lawyer. I do have all the paper work and I did send a demand letter from me and she refuses to pay me. Also when I was laid off I was a salary employee and my last paycheck she paid me hourly. I don't understand how she can get away with this and why there is no law that stops this disadvantage practice. Please Help!

1. Arthur Thomas Schofield

Pro

1

Answered . You can try to do this on your own, but likely making a mistake. One, the employer is not going to take you seriously and, two, Florida law allows for the recovery of fees in seeking unpaid wages. This puts added pressure on the employer to pay and pay quickly.

2. Joseph E Maloney

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . You've come to an odd place to ask this particular question! But, perhaps you could sue in small claims court. No lawyers there. I don't know the limit in FLA, but in many states you can assert a claim for $10K in small claims court. Good luck.

This response creates no attorney client relationship; consult a local lawyer for help if you proceed.
  3. Dennis Michael Phillips

Answered . See Fla Stat 448.08 then call a lawyer