How can I get off of probation early?

Asked about 2 years ago - Hialeah, FL

I was arrested for burglary charge which were my first offense . I was sentenced to a 364 with boot camp, I successfully completed boot camp and its 10 month probation. I've been out for 2 years and 8 months with no violation but have failed to make payments because my record has stopped me from many job opportunities. I one of the few( about 3 out of 36 who graduated) that have not gone back.

1. Perry L. Cameron Jr.

3

Answered . I first want to say congratulations on completion of boot camp. I know it was very difficult; however you were able to stick with it until completion. As far as your probation, you can motion the court for early termination. Although being behind on your money is not in your favor, it is not a disqualifier. Just explain in your motion the reason why you are delinquent, and emphasize on all of your accomplishments. You can also consult with your probation officer and see if there is a possibility for the Department of Corrections to waive your cost of supervision due to your unemployment. If you can show your P.O. that you have been attempting to look for employment, he/she can request that you delinquent cost of supervision be waived. I wish you the best of luck.

2. William David Umansky

Pro

1

Answered . Mr. Cameron gave you an excellent answer. You want to make sure to hire a lawyer to put a motion to together before you get violated by your probation officer for failure to pay fines and costs.

3. Corey Ira Cohen

Pro

Answered . Ask your probation officer if they have any objection to your probation being terminated early and if they do not ask if they will send a request to the judge. If the PO will not then hire an attorney to do it.

For more information contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at www.coreycohen.com