How can I get off of probation early?

Hialeah, FL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was arrested for burglary charge which were my first offense . I was sentenced to a 364 with boot camp, I successfully completed boot camp and its 10 month probation. I've been out for 2 years and 8 months with no violation but have failed to make payments because my record has stopped me from many job opportunities. I one of the few( about 3 out of 36 who graduated) that have not gone back.

I first want to say congratulations on completion of boot camp. I know it was very difficult; however you were able to stick with it until completion. As far as your probation, you can motion the court for early termination. Although being behind on your money is not in your favor, it is not a disqualifier. Just explain in your motion the reason why you are delinquent, and emphasize on all of your accomplishments. You can also consult with your probation officer and see if there is a possibility for the Department of Corrections to waive your cost of supervision due to your unemployment. If you can show your P.O. that you have been attempting to look for employment, he/she can request that you delinquent cost of supervision be waived. I wish you the best of luck.

DISCLAIMER Any information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. I invite you to contact me and I welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting me does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Mr. Cameron gave you an excellent answer. You want to make sure to hire a lawyer to put a motion to together before you get violated by your probation officer for failure to pay fines and costs.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

Ask your probation officer if they have any objection to your probation being terminated early and if they do not ask if they will send a request to the judge. If the PO will not then hire an attorney to do it.

For more information contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at www.coreycohen.com