Skip to main content

How can I get my wife excused for jury duty summons.

Memphis, TN |

My wife has Dimensia as well as poor physical health, she has had a shoulder joint replacement and is in physical theraby, she also has a bad hip that needs replacement. the summons was issued for the month of april, her doctor submitted a letter to ger her excused for april but the court they then asked her to report in May, The mental anguish to her is unbelievable and I do not want to be embarrassed because of the Dimensia, What can I do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Call the jury commissioner at the phone number that should be listed on the summons or in the enclosed information. Explain the situation, especially the dementia, forget about the hip. The hip should get you a delay, the dementia should disqualify her. They will probably want a letter from her doctor saying that she has dementia, not just the issue about her hip. A jury is no place for someone suffering as your wife is. You and she have my sympathies.

Frank A. Natoli

Frank A. Natoli


You may want to go down there and speak to them as well. You should not have any issue removing her from the pool with a qualified Drs note. All the best.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer