How can I get my trial transcripts that have been illegally deleted

Dallas, TX |

I have been trying to get a copy of my trial transcripts that included perjured and very prejudicial testimony . I have contacted the court reporter and she only sends the transcripts minus the perjured and prejudicial testimony . I have bee trying for a year . I believe that the court reporter , judge , prosecutor and attorney conspired to deny me a fair trial . The only way that I can prove this since I can't get the official transcripts of the prejudicial and perjured testimony is for someone in authority to poll the jury who sat on my case . Who can I report this to so that an investigation is conducted . I have requested a copy of the CD of the trial but was told that it was lost . I was also over charged for the transcripts that I did receive . The cost is . 50 per page but I was charged . 90 .

If the perjured testimony and prejudicial testimony had not been heard by the jury I would have been acquitted. A government witness testified that I destroyed her home, kicked holes in the walls, flooded the home, destroyed a screen door and a lot more. This witness had no photos of damage, no criminal mischief charges filed, no police reports, no insurance claims, no costs to repair home was provided. The woman simply lied and my attorney knew she was lying Another witness claimed that I stole her identity and she filed charges. No proof provided, it was not listed a a crime in my criminal history report. My attorney failed to impeach the witness. Witness is a known liar. When I asked my attorney why she didn't impeach the witness her answer was "I didn't want her to hurt you"

1. Contact the lawyer who handled your appeal.

Answers are for informational purposes, not legal advice for your specific situation. www.appealsandhabeas.com

2. It is very unusual for a transcript to be lost, but it can happen. The appellate court will demand an explanation from the court reporter. This may help your appeal. For further complaints about the court reporter, contact her state licensing association.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. Ms. Jaggers is quite correct that the record of what was said in a trial - what you are apparently calling a "transcript" - is rarely lost. BTW, the technical term for the record prepared by the court reporter is simply the "court reporter's record".

Over the years, several cases have been reversed and a new trial granted where through no fault of the defendant the court reporter's record was missing. However, as with most appeals law, the law on missing records is technical and complicated. So, my suggestion is that you sit down with a good APPELLATE criminal defense lawyer, and discuss what you set out here and get some advice specific to your situation.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.