Skip to main content

How can I get my speeding ticket reduced? What to say to the Judge please...

Redwood City, CA |

I received a speeding ticket in Half Moon Bay. I now have to go to walk in court in Redwood City to hopefully get an extension, and possi bly get the fine reduced. What is the best way to plead, and If I plead guilty, when will I have a chance to ask the Judge for extension/reduction? What is the best thing to say to the Judge. Any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated in this time of need!

Attorney Answers 2


Do you have any other tickets in the past 18 months? If not, than you can ask for traffic school, and plead no contest. You would still have to pay the fine and the fee for traffic school. You might want to try to ask the judge to convert your fine to community service or suspend it because of your financial situation. However, do not be surprised if he/she denies your request.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


You can miss defenses and say the wrong things if you are not represented by an advocate as your attorney.

You need a lawyer so get one. ASAP!

Talk to a local lawyer that handles tickets

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot find out any details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics