How can I get my son's mother parental rights terminated? I already have custody

Asked 5 months ago - Philadelphia, PA

I have tried to Contact her over the past 8 months about seeing our son but no response I sent regular mail as well as certified letters she got them because she signed for them but as of now Nothing I have text called emailed her but nothing as far as I am concerned she has abandoned him no type of contact at all he is 17 months old I want my husband (same-sex couple) to adopt him and have parental rights he is a better parent then her he takes care of him and my son calls him daddy and me Dada

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Barbara Ellen Cini


    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is a complicated situation involving both the termination of parental rights and a same-sex adoption situation. I would strongly advise that you seek the services of an experienced family law litigator in your area. This will be a legal process in which you will certainly need the help of a skilled advocate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,210 answers this week

2,650 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,210 answers this week

2,650 attorneys answering