How can I get my son back from my ex's mother? She now has full custody.

Asked over 1 year ago - Stevensville, MI

Me and my ex have a no contact order because we both got in trouble with the law. She signed her rights off, and I never signed anything. Then, I found out she has full custody now and I want my son back!!! I miss him so much, and I'm technically not allowed to visit him because of the no-contact orderl. I've been clean for about a year, and will be off probation in May. What steps do I have to take?

1. Neil M. Colman

Pro

1

Answered . There are a lot more facts that have to be given in order to evaluate and properly answer your question. My suggestion is that you contact an experienced family law attorney in your community/area to discuss this matter. No one knows why both of you have no contact orders, why she "signed her rights off," how she got her rights reinstated, how long ago all of this occurred, etc.

Neil M. Colman
    www.divlawyer@gmail.com
    586.254.1100

2. Daniel Findling

Pro

1

Answered . You must first demonstrate that there is a material change in circumstance since the entry of the last custody order. Thereafter, the court will evaluate the best interest factors. The step you take is to file a motion to modify custody.

Daniel Findling
    email: Daniel@Findlinglaw.com
    www.thedivorceguy.com
    blog: www.thedivorceguy.com/blog
    toll free: 877 968 7347