How can i get my refund from ane ebay seller ,when ebay already closed the case and unable to help me?

Asked over 2 years ago - Germantown, MD

i purchased a phone on, i did not like it ,and i returned it, its has been 5 months and still have not recieved my refund, ebay customer service is unable to help because they said that once i opened a case for the item i should have escalated to them since its has been a long time and they closed the case i cant apeal it,i had no idea about it, now the seller refused to refund me the money.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Richard Scott Carlyon

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . When you purchase items on ebay you agree to their terms of service which includes how disputes are resolved. The same is true for PayPal. If you don't follow ebay's or PayPal's dispute guidelines to the letter you can lose out. If ebay has closed the case and refuses to re-open it, then getting your refund through them is not possible. If you paid with a credit card, you can file a dispute with the credit card company. If you paid with a debit card, you can file a dispute with your bank. As a final result, you can file suit, but I don't know if that would be economically feasible based on the price of a phone.

    NOTICE: This is for educational purposes only. This answer is given based on the facts provided above. No legal... more

Related Topics

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,591 answers this week

3,352 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,591 answers this week

3,352 attorneys answering