How can I get my record cleared in Florida when a 30 yr old felony was found in VA. through the clearance background check?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sebastian, FL

My background check revealed a prior felony. The clerk of court in Va. was contacted by phone and has no record of me. I've purchased and own firearms, had a concealed weapons permit and vote. What is my next step?

1. James W Chandler

Pro

Answered . Prior Felony arrest or conviction? Arrest is meaningless. Conviction is different. Were you ever convicted of a Felony in Virginia?

If not you may be eligible for an expungement in that state. I would contact an attorney in Virginia to see what you eligibility is for such. Nothing a Florida Attorney can do for you in Virginia.