How can I get my own doctors deposition in order to represent by self in a personal injury case.

Asked about 1 year ago - Marion, IL

After close to three years the attorney that was representing me withdrew from my personal injury case on the day of the final pre trail, without any good reason except that he said it was because of broken down communication, it was but not on my part. he failed to keep me informed of what was going on with my case. Iam more disappointed and the way he did this, what can I do?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

6

Answered . If there is a court order permitting your attorney to withdraw, you have been given at least 21 days to retain new counsel. That is the first thing you should do. The reason for withdrawing is not usually set forth in great detail in a Motion to Withdraw because of confidentiality as well as courtesy. The breakdown of the attorney-client relationship is a sufficient reason for the court to consider the motion which can still be allowed or denied. (In your case it was apparently granted.)

Get your file back from your former attorney unless you have a complete copy and find a new lawyer ASAP. Discuss any additional steps you need to take with new counsel. Best wishes to you.

2. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

5

Answered . You need to retain another attorney to handle your Trial. Get a copy of your file from your old attorney and take it to the new one. He/she will order all depositions. Good Luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

3

Answered . You really don't want to do anything except find a new attorney ASAP.

Do not try to handle this yourself--it's a recipe for disaster!

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

4. David J. McCormick

4

Answered . I agree with both attorneys, you need to get your file back from the first attorney ASAP so that you can find new counsel. Do not try to go it alone because you will suffer in the end.

Pro

4

Answered . Retain a new lawyer asap, it's a bad idea to try to play lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com