How can i get my liscenses unsuspended

Asked about 5 years ago - Summerville, GA

got a ticket for drug related objects didnt realize that i was going to lose my drivers liscence for 6 months. how can i get them back sooner

1. James Rodney Hamilton

Answered . The quick answer is that can't. That charge carries a mandatory suspension, if you plead guilty. Before you can reinstate your license in 6 months you will have to take a defensive driving course and have a drug/alcohol evaluation.

2. Howard Woodley Bailey

Pro

Answered . Assuming that the license suspension was statutory in nature (required by law to be imposed as a result of your plea); and, that this suspension period was the minimum permitted by the statute, there is no way to get the suspension ended sooner then what was imposed by the Court at sentencing.

If the suspension was not statutory, and merely a condition of the sentence imposed by the Court, you could file a Motion for Reconsideration of the Sentence. This something you should discuss with either the lawyer you used during the plea; or, with another lawyer admitted to practice law in GA before you file anything with the Court. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER
    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship or constitute legal advice. Instead, given the nature of this website, it is provided solely for informational purposes, for you to use as a starting point when speaking directly with a lawyer in your State. Do not assume that the legal theories I mention that pertain to NJ will apply in your State. The laws of each State; and, the facts of each case are different, and it is therefore critical for you to consult with a lawyer admitted to practice law in your State before making any decisions on how to handle or dispose of your case.