How can I get my license reinstatement fee waived in Indiana?

Michigan City, IN |

I have been elgible since october 2009..however i am a single mom of four with very little income. I was told in times of hardship(depended the circumstances) I could have a judge waive my fee( $225.00) so that I can maybe be able to drive to work again and the store and dr. visits?

1. There are situations where the court can waive reinstatement fees. Likely you would need an attorney to evaluate your particular situation and see if it would be available in your case. Since it seems like you would have difficultly paying to hire a lawyer, I suggest you look into pro bono legal services in your area. Here is a good place to start: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/probono/
    You could also ask the clerk in your county if the county has a pro bono program. If this suspension was the result of a criminal conviction, you may be eligible for a public defender.

THIS ANSWER IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE. IT IS BASED ONLY ON THE LIMITED INFORMATION AVAILABLE. THIS ANSWER DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Traffic tickets topics