Skip to main content

How can I get my license in oh.

Columbus, OH |

I had my license suspended in n.c a dui now I live in oh. can anyone tell me what I could do in ohio that would satisfy north Carolina so I can get my life back on track?

if someone knows please email me @

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would start by calling the local Department of Motor Vehicles on Monday and they should be able to give you a place to begin. If there are still problems you may want to contact a local attorney to help you out. Many attorneys offer free initial consultations.

Information obtained at this site does not constitute legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. By posting general information on this website an attorney-client relationship is not formed and the information you share will not be privileged. To form an attorney-client relationship, you must ask the attorney to represent you and the attorney must agree to represent you.


There is not much information in your question, but the answer would be to consult with a North Carolina DUI attorney. This person can guide you in the steps to take. Ohio has no jurisdiction or power other than not allowing you to have a license because of the actions in N.C.

This post is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.


The answer is it depends on what you need to do to get valid in North Carolina. You would have to take care of the North Carolina suspension and then transfer your license through the Ohio BMV. Contact North Carolina BMV and find out what you need to do there. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
Beavercreek, Ohio
(937)510-6110 phone

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer