How can i get my husband out of my pension while still legally married?

Asked over 1 year ago - West Covina, CA

i am retired and want my pension but i have been separated for over 15 years. Now he is no where to be found to sign the pension over. I claimed for divorce many years ago but he never signed or returned the papers. So legally i am still married to him but have not seen him for over 15 years. I tried tracking him down to his last residence in las Vegas but he has moved no where to be found. I asked his family and friends and no one has had contact with him.

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

2

Answered . You need to speak to an experienced attorney, and take all the steps necessary to get your divorce DONE, so that your pension doesn't end up frozen; alternatively you should speak to your pension administrator and find out if you can start collecting your pension BEFORE you get the dissolution completed.

2. Debra Vaniman Crawford

Pro

Answered . You should get advice from an experienced family law attorney. You need to find out the status of your divorce case. Was he served? You may need to join the pension in the divorce case.