How can I get my husband out of jail?

Asked 12 months ago - Austin, TX

He was arrested yesterday. Online it says he has no bond (yet?) and no sentence (?). Is he waiting for a judge? Can I go get him? He has our only phone so he cannot call me, if they even let him. His charge is terroristic threat. I've tried to call the Sherriff's office and I just get an automated run around.

I've checked the court docket.... as of yet he is not on it. This is a misdemeanor according to the phone last night. I know it was only last night, but I would have thought his bond would have been set by now.

1. Shane Michael Boasberg

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Travis County allows for all those arrested to be bonded out 24 days a day/seven days a week; so the answer to your question is he can be bonded out ASAP. Whether the magistrate will let him out on personal recognizance bond (no money needed as a down payment or gives him a monetary bond which needs to paid to the Ct. depends on his past criminal history and the charges. Either way, you should hire a local attorney to assist your husband ASAP.

Shane M. Boasberg
    Brent | Boasberg P.L.L.C.
    8705 Shoal Creek Blvd., Suite 205
    Austin, Texas 78757
    (P) 512-355-7474
    (F) 512-452-7475
    shaneb@lawyers-bb.com
    www.lawyers-bb.com
    ************************************
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
    ************************************
    This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§2510-2521 and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. This email (including attachments) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this email from your system

2. Diana Elizabeth Buss

Pro

4

1

Answered . Contact a local attorney. If he is charged with a terroristic threat, a misdemeanor, then the arresting officer has 24 hours to turn in the probable cause affidavit or 48 hours if it is felony. Either way, an attorney can go visit him and if the paperwork is turned in then we can waiver magistration and work on getting him out on a personal bond asap.

3. Mekisha Jane Walker

2

Answered . In Harris County, IPC (inmate processing center) takes forever! If his only charge is the terroristic Threat, then the max. bond is 5000, unless the DA requests a high bond or a protective order. Work with a local bonding company and as soon as a bond is set, you can bond him out.

4. Erica Durr

2

1

Answered . Bond is set by a judge and judges work during weekdays. I'd anticipate his bond as being set on Monday.

5. David N. Smith

Answered . You can contact the Personal Bond Division of Travis County Community Supervision (aka, Adult Probation) and ask what it will take for him to bond out. The possibilities are Personal Recognizance (aka PR bond or Personal bond), cash bond (the entire amount in cash), or paying a bondsman a fee (usually around 10% of the bond amount. An attorney can certainly help you sort through this, and often having hired an attorney convinces the Personal Bond officers to recommend to the judge that a bond should be signed, which saves you from paying the bondsman's fee; but to do that, you have to go ahead and hire an attorney.