How can I get my ex girlfriend to signed over the car title. She got the car repo and i pay off the remain balance.

Dayton, OH |

I have the title and I want to sell or give it away but I need her to sign over the title to do that but she will not answer my txt or calls and I cant get in contact with her

1. If her name is on the title you most likely can't force her to sign over the title unless you had a contract that indicated what would be done with the car if you broke up. This is exactly why I recommend everything be in writing when you co-mingle property without marriage.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

2. If you can prove that you paid for it, then I'd think about suing her in small claims court under a theory of unjust enrichment.

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer because I answer a question intended for general information only. Don't rely on what you read here without consulting an attorney. Thank you!