How can I get my ex girlfriend to signed over the car title. She got the car repo and i pay off the remain balance.

Asked over 1 year ago - Dayton, OH

I have the title and I want to sell or give it away but I need her to sign over the title to do that but she will not answer my txt or calls and I cant get in contact with her

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

1

Answered . If her name is on the title you most likely can't force her to sign over the title unless you had a contract that indicated what would be done with the car if you broke up. This is exactly why I recommend everything be in writing when you co-mingle property without marriage.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

2. Anne Harvey

Pro

Answered . If you can prove that you paid for it, then I'd think about suing her in small claims court under a theory of unjust enrichment.