How can I get my ex-boyfriend out of my apartment? He is not on the lease. Has belongings here and will not move out.

Yonkers, NY |

he is verbally abusing me and threatening violence.

1. How long has your boyfriend been in the apartment? Is he your roommate? If he will not leave on his own, you may have to bringing a proceeding in housing court to have him evicted from the premises. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss the situation. Also, if he is threatening violence and you are fearful, call the police.

2. if he is on the lease he has a right to be there. If he is abusive toward you then go to family court and get an order of protection

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.