How can I get my driver license reinstated after it was suspended under Georgia Act 40-9-61 while I was incarcerated?

Asked about 2 years ago - Waycross, GA

my car was uninsured when accident happened and then I was incarcerated and unable to obtain employment in order to satisfy the judgment against me and so my driver license got suspended . Upon release from incarceration I have not been able to obtain employment due to my license suspended and I just need to know what options are available to me so I can get a job and settle this judgment . The accident was in 2006 and suspension took place 2011 .

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Try to work out a payment plan with the holder of the judgment and have them approve or consent to the suspension being lifted.

    This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Bankruptcy is often the perfect answer, assuming the accident was not from a DUI. Discharging the debt lets you get your license back and wipes out the debt.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more
  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A payment plan or consult with a local bankruptcy attorney.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would try to resolve the matter with a payment plan or I would talk with a bankruptcy attorney.

Related Topics

License suspension for traffic tickets

License suspension is one type of traffic violation penalty, usually imposed for serious traffic violations or for repeated minor violations.

James Alexander Abate

Driving While Suspended 39:3-40

Driving is a privilege most individuals take for granted. If your license is suspended, you may not operate a motor vehicle. Too often I meet individuals who have their lives ruined because... more

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,175 answers this week

3,641 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,175 answers this week

3,641 attorneys answering