How can I get my driver license reinstated after it was suspended under Georgia Act 40-9-61 while I was incarcerated?

Waycross, GA |

my car was uninsured when accident happened and then I was incarcerated and unable to obtain employment in order to satisfy the judgment against me and so my driver license got suspended . Upon release from incarceration I have not been able to obtain employment due to my license suspended and I just need to know what options are available to me so I can get a job and settle this judgment . The accident was in 2006 and suspension took place 2011 .

Try to work out a payment plan with the holder of the judgment and have them approve or consent to the suspension being lifted.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Sidney Weinstein, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Sidney Weinstein, sidweinsteinlaw@att.net, (404) 522-3108.

Bankruptcy is often the perfect answer, assuming the accident was not from a DUI. Discharging the debt lets you get your license back and wipes out the debt.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

A payment plan or consult with a local bankruptcy attorney.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I would try to resolve the matter with a payment plan or I would talk with a bankruptcy attorney.

Traffic tickets topics