Skip to main content

How can i get my court cost and probation cost reduced?

Ocala, FL |

im out of work and have to pay about 200 dollars a month to court cost and probation cost.

Attorney Answers 2


Court costs are (mostly) statutorily regulated so getting them eliminated is not likely. Most jurisdictions offer payment plans, so you could contact the clerk of court to see if they have a more flexible option. Another alternative is to petition the court to convert your fees into community service hours. The conversion is typically 1 hr for every $10 owed.

As for probation fees, they are supposed to be on a sliding scale based on your income. Speak with your PO about this or petition the court to have those fees waived.

Mark as helpful


Florida law was recently changed so that any person can work off their fines and court costs by completing community service (at about $10 hour or so). You will need to contact the clerk of court to arrange this option.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics