How can I get married to an illegal immigrant the right way?

Asked over 2 years ago - Dover, DE

I am a us citizen that is engaged to an illegal Honduras man and he has been working illegal in the United States for four years in a restaurant. He has no criminal history other than a minor traffic violation that was paid for, and he is like a father to my five year old son who has no father in his life. We want to get married so we can enjoy things together like traveling, but with no legal visa we can't. So how can we?

1. Wendy Renee Whitt

2

Answered . Being legally able to marry and eligible to adjust legal status in the United States are different things. Sponsoring a family member who is out of status is a lengthy, difficult and expensive process. Consult an immigration attorney in your area before you start.

2. Andre R. Olivie

1

Answered . He doesn't need Legal immigration status to marry you but whether you he will be able to adjust his status based on your marriage depends on many factors and in some cases may not be possible at this time. Consult with an immigration attorney about the specifics of his case.

Andre Olivie
    www.olivielaw.com

3. Neil Ian Fleischer

Answered . I agree , you can get married without issue, but he will need to apply for a green card in order to obtain status and travel etc

Since he is "illegal" , you should hire a n attorney to see if there are any options

www.immigrate2usa.com