Skip to main content

How can I get help getting my drivers license back?

Seattle, WA |

I have two traffic violations holding me from getting my license back. One is from 2003 out of Benton county and the other is from 2007 out of Des Moines WA. I am a single mom on disability. The fines are in collection and are over 1100.00 which I cannot pay. Neither court has a re-licensing program available. Is there any other option for low income people who are sincerely trying to get their life straightened out?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Often times you can set up a payment plan and request that they reduce the interest.

  2. Set up a payment plan and pay whatever you can per month. Also, you can ask those courts if any of the judges there have dockets where people can ask the judge to pull the case out of collections.

    You'll need to travel to Benton County, or hire an attorney there, to do that.

  3. My colleagues are all correct. You will need to contact the agency that has your accounts and request a payment arrangement. Many of these companies will work with you as long as you maintain the terms of any payment agreements you enter into. Once you enter into payment arrangements, provide such documentation to the courts and request they notify DOL. Some courts are willing to work with you on this but many won't or can't until the entire balance is paid off.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics