How can I get help for my son who is mentally ill and in Catoosa county jail with no meds and threating to kill himself.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chickamauga, GA

he was diagnosed with adhd,he suffers from depression,and I think he has ptss from being in prison for 10 yrs.straight .he hears voices,see's dead people and is suicidal.he is getting no meds now.what is the process to get him into a hospital and get him help?He is also very paranoid.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Angela Ellen Cusimano

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Have you tried talking to any of the jail officials about arranging for a medical examination? A licensed doctor in Georgia can then execute a certificate stating that your son needs inpatient treatment, which will allow him to get the help he needs. Even though your son is in jail, he is still entitled to medical treatment if he is mentally ill. If they refuse to arrange an examination, call an attorney to help you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,587 answers this week

2,777 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,587 answers this week

2,777 attorneys answering