Skip to main content

How can I get H1-B from my own LLC? I'm living in Non-US Country.

Wilmington, DE |

We are 3 business partners. Me, my bro, and my uncle who is US citizen. We are operating this LLC from foreign country. 2 months ago my uncle had cardiac pain and later underwent open heart surgery. He sent me letter to come to US and take your business tax and banking issues. US embassy rejected my B1 visa. Now my business is suffering and I really need to go to USA. Please tell me how can I do that now ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    An H-1B visa isn't the proper visa, plus it would take too long to make it valid for your purpose. Talk to an attorney, it is possible that an L visa might work.
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel & Former Professor of Immigration Law - Capriotti International Law

    FIRST 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION IS FREE (SKYPE or phone only). e-mail to set up a time that is convenient for both of us: - 1-800-716-0055.

    NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, WE CAN HELP. Our services are not limited by State, nor International boundaries. Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.
    Do not rely completely on information you get on a website. It is always wise to consult personally with an immigration attorney before taking any action.

    Consider contacting one of the attorneys on Avvo, or - If you are low income go here: or

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  2. The process of obtaining an H-1B visa involves multiple steps. Additionally, there are issues that must be addressed because of the size of the company and your apparent ownership interests. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can provide you with specific advice relevant to your case..

    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore

  3. Approval of an H-1B on the facts you give is highly unlikely.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Small business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics