How can I get green card

Was married 9 years

Brooklyn, NY -

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Immigration Attorney - Worcester, MA

Not enough facts to answer your question.

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Immigration Attorney - Hoboken, NJ

You need to consult an immigration attorney. There are many ways in which to obtain a green card, and whether you are eligible cannot be determined from your question. If you are married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, your spouse can petition for you to become a permanent resident. Althernatively, a prospective employer can petition for you. However, you should speak to a lawyer in order to determine your options, if any.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.
---------------------------
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

Immigration Attorney - Bayonne, NJ

Contact one of us immigration attorneys here at AVVO for a consultation, and we will be happy to advise you.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

The fact that you were married 9 years does not by itself entitle you to apply for a Green Card. However, depending on the nature of the marriage, OR what happened during the course of the marriage, OR what led to the breakdown of the marriage, you MAY be eligible for relief. You should consult with an attorney to discuss in detail your marital and immigration history to see if there is any relief available to you.