How Can I get free help with an appeal for denied Unemployment benefits in GA.

Alpharetta, GA |

I had been driving for the school system for 3 years. When I was hired I had a ticket before i received my CDL after getting cdl I received a ticket. I had no idea that the first ticket was even a factor.I was terminated due to my CDL being disqualified for 60 days. I can not drive again until the 28th of december. I was terminated on 11/10/2010. When I received the packet about what my job said none of the information was accurate. It said My last day worked was the 12 which is a lie. It also said that some person from HR informed me I was terminated that did not happen. It said that I was warned on 11/12/2010 but i was no longer employed there. I turned the ticket in in april when I received it and asked my supervisor if I was ok or what did i need to do. She said I was ok.

I was never warned by anyone no one told me that this ticket could cause me to loose my job due to what was already on my driving record.

Here are several resources you can try. I hope this helps.

Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
151 Spring Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 524-5811
http://www.atlantalegalaid.org

Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
North Tower, Suite 1750
235 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 521-0790
www.avlf.org

Georgia Appellate Practice and Educational Resource Center
303 Elizabeth Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404) 222-9202

State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Project
104 Marietta Street, NW, Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 527-8763
www.gabar.org/

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Recommended articles about Employment