Skip to main content

How Can I get free help with an appeal for denied Unemployment benefits in GA.

Alpharetta, GA |

I had been driving for the school system for 3 years. When I was hired I had a ticket before i received my CDL after getting cdl I received a ticket. I had no idea that the first ticket was even a factor.I was terminated due to my CDL being disqualified for 60 days. I can not drive again until the 28th of december. I was terminated on 11/10/2010. When I received the packet about what my job said none of the information was accurate. It said My last day worked was the 12 which is a lie. It also said that some person from HR informed me I was terminated that did not happen. It said that I was warned on 11/12/2010 but i was no longer employed there. I turned the ticket in in april when I received it and asked my supervisor if I was ok or what did i need to do. She said I was ok.

I was never warned by anyone no one told me that this ticket could cause me to loose my job due to what was already on my driving record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Here are several resources you can try. I hope this helps.

Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc.
151 Spring Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 524-5811

Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
North Tower, Suite 1750
235 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 521-0790

Georgia Appellate Practice and Educational Resource Center
303 Elizabeth Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
(404) 222-9202

State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Project
104 Marietta Street, NW, Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 527-8763

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer