How can I get Form I-797 or I-140

Asked 12 months ago - 05481

I have recieved a reply from NVC to scan a copy of Form I-797 or Form I-140 and send them through email.I want to know How can I get the copy of above mentioned forms

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . By (gently) asking your employer and his immigration lawyer to provide you a copy. An I-140 is the EMPLOYER'S petition, and as such, his exclusive property. You don't have a right to it, not even through a FOIA request to USCIS.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . By talking to the employer.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . First, talk to your employer and ask for the I-140 filing receipt. If the company is non co-operative, seek your file under FOIA. Most documents relevant to your status are usually provided though some information may not be released.

4. Harry Asatrian

2

Answered . Your employer can provide you with same.