Skip to main content

How can i get copies of my trial minutes and evidence?

Syracuse, NY |

I need this stuff for a lawsuit so i can accurately provide information.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


To get the trial minutes you can find out who the court reporter was and order from him or her. The evidence is most likely in your trial attorney's hands and you can ask him for the file or a copy of it.

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.



I am having a hard time getting my trial lawyer to communicate with me so i would like to try to contact the reporter. Would I have to go to the court house to find that out?


Your civil attorney should be able to order all you need.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Evidence is normally returned at the end of trial to the party who brought it in. The minutes can be ordered by your attorney for a fee with the court reporter.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


As an initial point, did you represent yourself for whatever trial you are looking for information on, or did you have an attorney? If you had an attorney, you can probably get all of your evidence from him/her. Trial minute you can only get from the Court reporter. You need to contact Judge who presided over your case and ask the Court's staff who the reporter was. Then you will need to order a transcript directly from the court reporter. In any event, whatever you are doing, I strongly advise you contact a local attorney to help you. If you are not a lawyer, then you are probably hurting any chance you have by representing yourself. If this is important enough for you, then spend the money it takes to do it right.


Your lawyer will tell you how to buy the transcript from the stenographer.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer