How can I get copies of filings for legal defense in recent criminal arrest, now case being built for possibly trial?

Asked over 1 year ago - Everett, WA

So far only this has happened, I have not been served or mailed anything. Date shows three days ago meaning what?

AXXXXX Information
Mickey, Mouse
AFFIDAVIT/DECLARATION PROB CAUSE Affidavit/declaration Prob Cause
CERTIFICATE Certificate Of Address Search

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jennifer Melissa Azure

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is difficult to tell from your question whether or not you have been charged. If the documents listed in your question were filed with the Court - then it appears that you have been charged. If that is the case and you are representing yourself, you can request Discovery from the Prosecutor's Office handling the case. You can go to the Court handling the case and get the documents which have been filed with the court, but this will most likely not include a police report or any actual discovery. If you have an attorney, your attorney will receive the documentation and you should discuss your case with them.

    You can also make a public disclosure request in regard to your case if no charges were filed. However, there are specific rules relating to these requests and some information may not be disclosable at this time if it is an active case. Best of luck!

    The information provided is not intended as legal advice and does not establish an attorney client relationship.... more
  2. Patrick Owen Earl


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Get all of this information from your attorney. Have you been officially charged with a crime? If not you will have to wait until that happens because you are not entitled to anything until you are charged.

  3. Andrew M. Leone

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Step 1 should be contacting your attorney (or hiring an attorney if you do not have one).

    Step 2 should be to contact the court to confirm any court dates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,795 answers this week

2,636 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,795 answers this week

2,636 attorneys answering