How can i get charged with a dui if i called the cops and told them what happened?

Asked over 1 year ago - El Paso, TX

i was upset about getting chaptered out of the ARMY, and I ran my car into a fence. soon as i did it i called the cops and told them what happened: they asked me if i was depressed and if i had been drinking, i told them yes, and i submitted to a breathalyzer: of course i had alcohol in my system, it was new years, (my birthday) and i was upset.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

5

Answered . See my answer to your previous question. You seem to think the police can't charge you with a crime if you confess?

2. Kenneth Gerald Leggett

5

Answered . If you volunteered information to the police before you were arrested then you have a significant problem. Just because you summoned police does not give you a defense to what you say or what evidence you provide (such as a sample of your breath or blood).

3. James Richard Butler

Pro

3

Answered . See my previous answer as well. Thank you for your service to our country. There are no points for being honest and admitting your guilt when it comes to a DWI allegation. That doesn't mean that you don't have a defense. You must consult a local DWI Attorney. Most offer a free consultation. Good Luck, and I hope this helps.

4. William Emil Cassara

Pro

4

Answered . Your confession is part of why you were charged. That's why you never speak to the police.