Skip to main content

How can i get belongings back from an ex who agreed in writing to return them?

New Paltz, NY |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

after a breakup with a boyfriend i lived with in new york, he agreed to send personal items to my new address out of state. he initated and continued contact via email over two years of stating he would send the belongings time and time again, yet never did. i need to know if i have any legal recourse to get them back and what i can do if he claims he no longer has them?

Attorney Answers 1


You can sue him to recover the property in an action for replevin or recovery of your personal property. You can also seek damages for conversion if he claims he no longer has them.
Feel free to call if you need help.

If you feel this post was helpful, please click the thumbs up (helpful) tab. Thanks.

Mark S. Guralnick

Mark as helpful

3 found this helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics