Skip to main content

How can i get back my immigration bond?

Jamaica, NY |

after I get arrested by ice for overstay ,I put $2500 immigration bond and change my case venue from elpaso Texas to new york.its is back in 2000 when all this happen.after that I have not receive any further notification regarding my removal proceedings.2 years ago when my usc wife filing for me i-130 that’s when we learn that there is deportation order against me.however my motion to reopen that old removal case has been granted by immigration judge and I 130 has been also how can I get back my $2500 bond money from the ice.please it would be a great help if someone can give me a legal advise I don’t have any receipt of that money .but have my other related documents.


Attorney Answers 1


When an alien fails to appeal the bond is forfeited and ICE sends notice to the obligor.

DHS regulations provide that upon notification of a breach the obligor has 30 days in which to file an administrative appeal or motion for reconsideration of the breach. Any obligor who contests a declaration of breach shall file an administrative appeal seeking review of the declaration of breach. A declaration of breach shall be administratively final if not timely appealed. Judicial review of any administrative declaration of bond breach is pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act, 5 U.S.C. § 701, et seq.

Consult with an Attorney in person to see if there is any chance to recover the bons since it was an in absentia order of removal w/o notice.

Morales Law Firm P.A. 2100 Coral Way Ste 703 Miami, FL 33145 (305) 851-7856 This response is not offered as legal advice, but is only a general informational response for public interest. No one reading this is authorized to claim that an attorney client relationship exists with this writer or the writer's law firm.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics