How can i get back child support due to my 5 year old daughter

Amityville, NY |

15,000 in arrears, NY, already filed a petition doesnt seem as if anything is being done

1. You follow through on your petition and get a judgment against the non custodial parent, then pursue collection.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

2. If the non-payment is willful, you can ask that the court incarcerate the non-custodial parent. It is best to contact a local attorney if you are having difficulty enforcing a support order. You should also realize that you can ask the court to pay your counsel fees.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact my office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Please visit us on the web.</a>

3. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful. Why is nothing being done? What happened with your petition? Etc.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.
    Hayley Greenberg
    Greenberg & Merola, LLP
    Attorneys at Law
    521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700
    New York, NY 10175
    (212) 593-6111, facsimile (516) 887-1720
    (Additional offices: Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island)
    www.GreenbergMerola.com

Child support topics