How can i get back child support due to my 5 year old daughter

15,000 in arrears, NY, already filed a petition doesnt seem as if anything is being done

Amityville, NY -

Attorney Answers (3)

David Alexander Browde

David Alexander Browde

Family Law Attorney - Chappaqua, NY

You follow through on your petition and get a judgment against the non custodial parent, then pursue collection.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer... more
Louis Lawrence Sternberg

Louis Lawrence Sternberg

Child Support Lawyer - Huntington, NY

If the non-payment is willful, you can ask that the court incarcerate the non-custodial parent. It is best to contact a local attorney if you are having difficulty enforcing a support order. You should also realize that you can ask the court to pay your counsel fees.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact my office at 516-669-3295. We... more
Hayley R. Greenberg

Hayley R. Greenberg

Child Support Lawyer - New York, NY

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful. Why is nothing being done? What happened with your petition? Etc.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.
Hayley Greenberg
Greenberg & Merola, LLP
Attorneys at Law
521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700
New York, NY 10175
(212) 593-6111, facsimile (516) 887-1720
(Additional offices: Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island)

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.