How can I get an employment authorization document?

Nationality: Syrian - no other nationalities. D.O.B: 1990 Residency: I have always lived in Syria but for the last year, I lived in the UK where I completed my postgraduate studies. UK visa type in non-immigrant student visa - it expires in Jan 2014). I have no residency permit in any country. Education: Masters Degree - Entrepreneurship & Management (United Kingdom) Date of most recent entry in the USA: 03/OCT/2013. I also visited the US last April for 10 days. USA Visa type: a 2 year multiple entry B1/B2 tourism visa. Parents are on TPS Syria Sister has green card One uncle and one aunt have US citizenship.

Wichita, KS -

Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

You cannot work in the US if you are on a tourist visa.

There are visas which do allow you to work in the US, for example, an H-1B Visa, but they require that you have a sponsor/employer.

Angela Teide Moore

Angela Teide Moore

Immigration Attorney - Nashville, TN

None of your relatives can be of any help at this point. Since you are still in valid status, you should talk to a attorney about how you can change your status.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

You are not eligible for an EAD if you are on a B-2 visa in the United States.

Related Advice