How can I get an employment authorization document?

Asked 11 months ago - Wichita, KS

Nationality: Syrian - no other nationalities.

D.O.B: 1990

Residency: I have always lived in Syria but for the last year, I lived in the UK where I completed my postgraduate studies. UK visa type in non-immigrant student visa - it expires in Jan 2014). I have no residency permit in any country.

Education: Masters Degree - Entrepreneurship & Management (United Kingdom)

Date of most recent entry in the USA: 03/OCT/2013. I also visited the US last April for 10 days.
USA Visa type: a 2 year multiple entry B1/B2 tourism visa.

Parents are on TPS Syria
Sister has green card
One uncle and one aunt have US citizenship.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Marc Damien Sean Taylor


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You cannot work in the US if you are on a tourist visa.

    There are visas which do allow you to work in the US, for example, an H-1B Visa, but they require that you have a sponsor/employer.

    Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC,, 888-645-6272, , 224 W. 4th Street,... more
  2. Angela Teide Moore

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . None of your relatives can be of any help at this point. Since you are still in valid status, you should talk to a attorney about how you can change your status.

  3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are not eligible for an EAD if you are on a B-2 visa in the United States.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,582 answers this week

2,983 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,582 answers this week

2,983 attorneys answering