How can I get an attorney to expunge or pardon something that happened 13years ago in Milwaukee, Wisconsin?

Asked 12 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

In 2000 I was found guilty of a class E felony for failure to pay child support. I am being held back of finding a good paying job to support my 8 year old son. I am trying to see if it is possible to get this expunge from my record as my daughter is now 19 years of age and everything is paid up in full. Can you please let me know if this is possible and if so how much? Thank you.

1. Tajara Dommershausen

Pro

4

Answered . Govenor Walker is not issuing pardons. It is possible that the case could be reopened or reduced but it depends on the Judge and the prosecutor on the case whether they will entertain such a motion.

2. Michael C. Witt

Pro

3

Answered . Expungement is not legally possible in your case.

3. Karyn T. Missimer

1

Answered . While you could make an argument for expunction, such an argument is unlikely to be successful given the following recent Court of Appeals case:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=102...

Good luck!