Skip to main content

How can I get an attorney to expunge or pardon something that happened 13years ago in Milwaukee, Wisconsin?

Milwaukee, WI |

In 2000 I was found guilty of a class E felony for failure to pay child support. I am being held back of finding a good paying job to support my 8 year old son. I am trying to see if it is possible to get this expunge from my record as my daughter is now 19 years of age and everything is paid up in full. Can you please let me know if this is possible and if so how much? Thank you.

Attorney Answers 3


Govenor Walker is not issuing pardons. It is possible that the case could be reopened or reduced but it depends on the Judge and the prosecutor on the case whether they will entertain such a motion.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Expungement is not legally possible in your case.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


While you could make an argument for expunction, such an argument is unlikely to be successful given the following recent Court of Appeals case:

Good luck!

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics