How can i get an a . d . a or a free lawyer so i can try to be emancipated ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Springfield, MA

i live at home with parents that aren't blood related and they have permanent guardianship i had help and found that i can still try to be emancipated but its unlikely . i have someone to testify and pictures . so how can i get a lawyer so i can bring this to court ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. E. Alexandra Golden

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A district attorney is not going to help you. The role of the district attorney is to represent the people of the Commonwealth in criminal cases.

    Contact Western Massachusetts Legal Services at (413) 781-7814 and ask the intake coordinator if they have a suggestion for a local organization which provides free legal assistance to juveniles.

    E. Alexandra "Sasha" Golden is a Massachusetts lawyer. All answers are based on Massachusetts law. All answers are... more
  2. Catherine Taylor

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unless a crime has been committed, the District Attorney's office is not going to be able to help you. Many courts have the lawyer of the day program that provides free legal assistance to people. They can assist with telling you what needs to be filed and filling out the paperwork. As my colleague suggested, there are also organizations that offer free representation to low income individuals. They may be able to assist you. Good luck.

    This is intended for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The content of this... more
  3. Mary Katherine Brown


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you are self-supporting, you may be able to become emancipated with the help of a local attorney. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on Avvo. Good luck!

    Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,842 answers this week

2,865 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,842 answers this week

2,865 attorneys answering