How can I get a used car dealer to pay me back for a fake warranty?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lexington, KY

I bought a used car and warranty from them about 6 months back. Now I need to get some repair done on my car and have been trying to contact the warranty company for about a week. It seems that the company does not even exist. All they have is a messaging service that takes your name and number and never returns the call. They also have a fake website So I contacted the dealer atlanta luxury motors. They told me to wait a week. So I waited a week without any transportation. Now when I call them they say the only person who knows about any of this is some one called Dave, and Dave is never available to take a call or even return a call.
Can I sue them at small claims court?

Additional information

P.S. The dealership is located in Atlanta, GA. That's where I went to buy the car.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ronald Lee Burdge


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Call Mike Flinn in Atlanta. You need to talk to a local Consumer Law attorney near where the vehicle was bought. You can get Mike's contact info at a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, You can also look for one at or here on Avvo, under the Find a Lawyer tab. Or you can call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Consumer Law attorney near you. But act quickly because for every legal right you have, there is only a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or your rights expire (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to a Consumer Law attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please give a “Vote UP” review below. And please be sure to indicate the best answer to your question so we can all be sure we are being helpful. Thanks for asking and Good Luck. Ron Burdge,

    Did a business treat you unfairly? See what your Udap rights are to protect yourself, click here

    For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click here

    Click here to see what your state law says is unfair and deceptive and what your legal rights are

    Read this free online Avvo Legal Guide, What is Fraud?

    This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your... more
  2. Scott Richard Kaufman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Ron Burdge handles matters in KY and does a great job. This should be right up his alley.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now