How can I get a US passport outside the country?

Asked over 2 years ago - Fairfax, VA

I went AWOLabout 8 months ago, from Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Texas. I was on AIT and now Im planning to go back to the US.
Im naturalized in OKlahoma, but went I went to El Salvador I travel with my old passport so I never got the US passport...my question is if I can get a US passport in the Embassy here??
Am I gonna get deteined at the embassy or will they give the passport to travel to the US to turn myself in?

1. Karin Wolman

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . You did not say WHEN you naturalized, nor on what basis, but this really matters: Anyone who naturalized through military service after November 24, 2003 faces possible revocation of their US citizenship based on post-natz misconduct or failure to serve honorably in the military for an aggregate of five years. If you naturalized as a civilian under INA Section 316 or 319, then you are not subject to this revocation.You need to consult an attorney.

2. Elizabeth Clare Surin

Pro

2

Answered . You have a big problem. Get yourself a lawyer asap, preferably a JAG.

3. Gen Kimura

1

Answered . Please call to the nearest U.S. Embassy/Consulate. They might be able to help you out.

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . US Embassy/Consulate