How can I get a US passport outside the country?

Fairfax, VA |
Filed under: US citizenship

I went AWOLabout 8 months ago, from Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Texas. I was on AIT and now Im planning to go back to the US.
Im naturalized in OKlahoma, but went I went to El Salvador I travel with my old passport so I never got the US passport...my question is if I can get a US passport in the Embassy here??
Am I gonna get deteined at the embassy or will they give the passport to travel to the US to turn myself in?

You did not say WHEN you naturalized, nor on what basis, but this really matters: Anyone who naturalized through military service after November 24, 2003 faces possible revocation of their US citizenship based on post-natz misconduct or failure to serve honorably in the military for an aggregate of five years. If you naturalized as a civilian under INA Section 316 or 319, then you are not subject to this revocation.You need to consult an attorney.

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You have a big problem. Get yourself a lawyer asap, preferably a JAG.

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

Please call to the nearest U.S. Embassy/Consulate. They might be able to help you out.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

US Embassy/Consulate

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.