How can I get a sponsor?

91706 |
Filed under: Immigration

Hi.. My husband needs a sponsor... And we can't find one. How can we get someone to sponsor him? Is there any kind of organization of sponsorship?

You can secure a co-sponsor by continuing to be proactive and keeping on looking and knocking even on doors of strangers. There is no such "organization" of "co-sponsors".

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Whatever the ways might there be for that, the sponsor will not materialize from posting on AVVO. That is for sure.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

No. You should talk with your friends and relatives.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

There are a few ways to meet the requirements of the Affidavit of Financial Support. I recommend scheduling a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss whether you may use assets and household members' income, if a co-sponsor is not available.

DISCLAIMER: The information appearing here is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual or entity. We urge you to consult with your legal advisor before taking any action based on information appearing here.

Recommended articles about Immigration